Despite the snow and the cold outside it is definitely an exciting time to be a multisport athlete in Bend.
A special thank you to everyone that came out last night to learn about and become part of the Deschutes Multisport Club. I am so excited about all of our new members and am really looking forward to DMC's very first official training session coming up quickly: A tri specific swim at Juniper Swim & Fitness with Coach Bob at 6:15 on Tuesday January 4th!
- Every Tuesday, 6:15: Swimming @ Juniper Swim & Fitness with Coach Bob.
- Every Wednesday, 6:00: Group Run @ Fleet Feet Bend.
- Every Thursday PM: Bike Training (Spin or Trainers, location TBA).
- Every Saturday AM: Group Run or Block Session, location TBA.
- January, Coach Bob Bruce from Central Oregon Masters Aquatic presents Swimming as a Multisports Athletes.
Coach Bob is the head coach for COMA and a level 5 certified coach with 36-years of coaching experience novice, age-group, high school and masters levels. Bob is also earning his certification in Triathlon Specific Training and will be talking about swimming technique and training for multisport specific athletes.
- February, Cherie Touchette from Juniper Swim & Fitness presents an interactive lesson on core strength for endurance athletes.
- March, Nutritionist on effective fueling for Triathletes during competition and training.
Although I am not personally a multisport athlete I can't wait to run and swim (and maybe bike if I can save up my pennies) and make new friends and training partners with all our members. I can't wait to build up a community of all ages and abilities that is supportive and positive and active.
If you are as anxious to get involved and started as I am please drop in the shop to talk with Michelle, Scott or myself about what you are looking for in your training and how we can help you to achieve a new personal record, meet new training partners, find resources, be a mentor and a become part of a great multisport community. For the most up-to-date info visit DMC on facebook.
Also, if you or your business would like to get involved with the Deschutes Multisports Club as a sponsor please contact Club President Michelle White at email@example.com.