Since it is the time of the season here are my top 10 reasons to be thankful this Thanksgiving day:
1. I am thankful that the sun shown down on Thanksgiving morning to make 20 degrees feel like 30 degrees and for Strictly Organic Coffee for bringing our core body temperature back to normal, bring feeling to our hands and for warming us from the tummy out.
2. I am thankful for all our No-Bo Program Participants who have worked so hard and accomplished so much and for our coaches who do such a great job of supporting our participants and providing enthusiasm, inspiration and guidance to us all.
3. I am thankful for all 637 participants who doubled up their gloves, pulled those beanies down tight and yaktraxed it up to share their Thanksgiving morning with us over the race course.
4. I am thankful to have stayed upright for 5k despite several ice-inspired, mid-air moments. (I may have sported turkey wings on race day but I have no delusion of being flight capable.)
5. I am thankful for the timing services provided by our friends at Eclectic Edge Racing and very very thank that all finish line volunteers and staff members avoided a close encounter with the dangerous mix of electricity and melting ice.
6. I am thankful for the 350 calories burned during a 5k. (Which I immediately made up for in stuffing.)
7. I am thankful for the care and work of Race Director Sue Philip, the entire crew from Girls on the Run and for all our volunteers for working so hard to create, promote and provide such a fun event for the community and well-deserved support for Girls on the Run of Deschutes County.
8. I am thankful that the sharp turn-around point was dry under the bridge instead of on a sheet of ice.
9. I am thankful that together we raised $8,000.00 toward the drive to bring the wonderful Girls on the Run Program of Deschutes County back for the 2011 season and to support positive, confident and healthy lifestyles for young girls in our community.
10. I am thankful for the Smith Rock Race Group that donated their time and work to put the Bend Turkey Trot together and make it such a fun and successful event.
Don't forget to check out the race results here and all the race day photos on facebook here or on kodak gallery here.
Looking forward to seeing everyone out for The Jingle Bell Run on December 4th.
HAPPY HOLIDAYS ALL! :) -mk