Here it is... the top 10 reasons to run the Girls on the Run 5k on Thanksgiving!
10. The Thanksgiving Day parade on TV isn’t that great…
9. The family can all enjoy a fun riverside walk/run together before the festivities start.
8. The loot: Scavenger hunt prizes, free hot cocoa at the end and a nice green long sleeve t-shirt for the first 300 entrants...
7. Schools throughout Central Oregon are facing budget cuts and some have had to reduce or eliminate P.E. programs. Boo! Girls on the Run helps Central Oregon girls exercise, gain self confidence and feel great! What a great feeling on Thanksgiving - to help a great cause!
6. FF owner Rod Bien has been convinced to wear a turkey costume on race day. I have seen the costume and it is a sight to behold. It is sparkly. He is going to be a fancy turkey. No preview pictures. You’ll have to come down and see it in person.
5. If 8-11 year old girls in the Girls on the Run program can work their heart out to run a 5k, can’t you too?
4. Mashed potatoes,
3. Yams with marshmallows on top,
2. Pecan pie… Yes, it's safe to say we could use a little exercise first.
1. We all have so much to be thankful for - what better way to spend the day than to give thanks together with friends and running?Look forward to seeing many of you there!
For more info, go to http://www.fleetfeetbend.com/potato